Most people do not want to burden their family if they were to need help getting around.
Why? This two minute video brings out why some do not want to burden family It may be helpful to understand things you gain with Long Term Care insurance.
The above video and the following were created by Life Happens, a non profit organization. They highlight some advantages to buying this special kind of insurance. For example being able to:
- Receive quality assistance from professionals.
- Continue to be in control and thus have peace of mind.
Many people say the change in health, which caused them to need assistance, was "unexpected".
There is an old saying - "Life is what happens when you are making other plans". It emphasizes it is so so important to prepare for an "unexpected" change in health. You may find it useful to ask yourself these questions about the lifestyle you would hope for if assistance is needed:
- Do you want to stay at home?
- Do you want professionals to assist?
- Do you have a pile of money put aside or can family help you pay for this very expensive help?
Many people report, after thinking about the life situation they would like, they do not want to run out of the money.
Long Term Care insurance is a great solution to protect your hard earned saving since it provides a special pool of funds to hire quality professional assistance. Thus, a person — can Be in Control of their living situation — can Maintain Dignity — will not become a Burden on loved ones.
Have a Question?
You found information and need help figuring out what it all means!
Call John today -
for answers and to talk about the values you and your family gain by insuring your savings nest egg and income.
Isn't Long Term Care insurance expensive?
Yes - but compared to the large amount of savings & income, which would be needed to hire and pay for professionals yourself the cost is just pennies. Related to this big cost — the risk help will be needed is much higher than the risk your home or car insurance will be needed. We all readily pay for these.
Paying for this important coverage not only provides funds to hire professional assistance but means you insured your hard earned income and savings nest egg. Thus, funds will still be available to support your spouse. Then too, some people want their funds to go to help others vs using it on themselves.
For some individuals Long Term Care insurance's special age based tax deduction may also help to lower the cost.
Helping Connecticut residents.
Surveys report insurance is confusing, frustrating, and overwhelming. Thus, John's focus is to eliminate the confusion and help you understand:
» How the certainty of paying a known amount for a Long Term Care insurance plan is much better than having to pay for an unknown amount of significant expenses expenses.
» How buying a plan, which pays some, and you pay some is a good way to gain this important protection and control your cost!
LongTermCareIns-CT.com was developed and is regularly updated to share the insights of a professional Long Term Care insurance (LTCi) advisor. The information in the following pages hopefully will help you make an informed and effective decision on this complicated insurance:
- What's LTCi - summarizes what long term care is, how it works, and the cost of the services you may need.
- Value of LTCi - some points on what you and your family gain when you own this special kind of "family protection insurance".
- Value of Early Planning - why taking action early to protect your family is important.
- LTCi in the workplace - ideas for employers on the value of implementing a Long Term Care benefit.
- Learn More - links to information on the Connecticut Partnership for Long Term Care; resources and videos about long term services; and the advantages to residents of owning Long Term Care insurance in Connecticut.
Additional insights are posted periodically on the Long Term Care insurance in Connecticut blog.
John C Parker, has achieved professional designations as a Long Term Care Insurance professional and a Registered Health Underwriter. John is licensed to conduct business in CT (644135) and RI (1058420) and does not solicit or sell in other states.
This site shares insights from extensive involvement in professional associations, industry conferences, working with leading Long Term Care Insurance organizations, and individual research. These pages do not advocate a specific company or plan.